In the Studio: More Morphoid Skeletons

Pieces of another skeleton I’m building…. I have to build everything in parts- build a bit, let it cure, build some more, let it cure, sand things down, attach some parts,  build some more, let things cure, sand it again, repair holes and textures, build more, sand, sand, sand, and paint.

This would be stage two of the building- the first would have been making the curved parts.  Tomorrow, I will take them off of here, sand the corners, and attach them to another part I’ve already made.

In the Studio….: Finding a bit of Traction.

 

The other day, I managed a whole 12 hours in the studio, and actually felt somewhat productive by the end of the day.  Far from the most productive day I’ve had, but I felt like I had finally managed to get a bit of traction, so to speak.  These are just a few shots from the studio.  Doesn’t look like much now, but it’s definitely a start!

This is the start of a Nephropoleon skeleton.  Full size, although it doesn’t really look like it.  The stuffie is just there to give it form while I build it up.  It will have a long tail of vertebrae.  Below are some parts of the claw, and a couple of Bacterio poops thrown in for good measure.  (Gotta do something with that extra material!)

 

I might end up having to redo the whole thing, if it doesn’t work out quite like I intend.  That is just part of the process, although the material I am working with is more adaptable than you’d think.

Stay tuned for the finished skeleton!